“The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life, is by its nature ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring; this covenant between baptized persons has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament.” Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1606
Congratulations on your engagement on our behalf of us at St. Francis Borgia. We know this is an exciting time. Through your love for one another, you have discerned that God is calling you to the vocation of Catholic marriage and family. On your wedding day, you will stand with each other and pledge your lifelong commitment to love one another as husband and wife for the rest of your life.
Couples planning on getting married at St. Francis Borgia should contact the Parish office as soon as possible, but no later than six months before a planned date, and schedule an appointment with our priest or deacon.
Couples are required to participate in Pre-Cana classes. PreCana/Marriage preparation classes are presently only offered through the Archdiocese of Chicago. St. Francis Borgia does not have a parish-based program at this time.
To register for a PreCana class, please visit https://pvm.archchicago.org/lifelong-formation/marriage/marriage-preparation-courses.
- Each Catholic person must submit a Baptism Certificate dated within six months of the wedding. A baptized non-Catholic is asked to present a baptism record in an interfaith marriage.
- Confirmation Certificate – a certificate is required if you are a confirmed Catholic.
- A recently issued Confirmation Certificate is requested but optional.
- The consulting priest or deacon will complete a pre-marital questionnaire for both the bride and the groom.
- In some cases, two affidavits affirming each person’s freedom to marry may be required. The consulting priest or deacon will advise.
- The certificate from Pre-Cana classes.
- A marriage license from Cook County, Illinois, is required and will be presented to the priest or deacon during the rehearsal. Currently, a Cook County license is valid sixty days from the date of issue and must be obtained at least one day before the wedding. For information on obtaining a marriage license, including locations and hours, go to www.cookctyclerk.com or contact Cook County Clerk’s Office at 312-603-7790.
Additional documents: in some cases, other documents may be required. The consulting priest or deacon will advise and assist in this regard.
Suppose a priest or deacon from outside the Archdiocese of Chicago is to officiate at your wedding. In that case, it is Archdiocesan policy for him to provide a letter of current status from his bishop or religious superior.
Our priests or deacon will explain what needs to be done.
Time for Weddings:
Saturday – 12:00 PM or 2:00 PM
Rehearsals – Friday before the wedding
Offering and Weddings Fees:
Please contact our parish office – at 773-625-1118
Gratulacje z okazji Waszych zaręczyn!
Przygotowanie do sakramentu małżeństwa
Zaręczyny to szczególny, ważny czas, pełen miłości, przygotowania, refleksji i modlitwy. Nasz personel parafialny zrobi wszystko, co w jego mocy, aby pomóc parom przygotować się do sakramentu małżeństwa.
Aby rozpocząć przygotowania do sakramentu małżeństwa, zadzwoń do biura parafialnego pod numer (773) 625-1118, aby umówić się na spotkanie z jednym z naszych kapłanów z co najmniej sześciomiesięcznym wyprzedzeniem. Dalsze informacje zostaną przekazane podczas spotkania z księdzem.